Netbeans IDE New Project New File Popup Not Opening
Updated on: July 16, 2019
Netbeans IDE 8.2 New Project and New File not working issue:
- If you are creating Java application on Netbeans IDE 8.2 and trying to click on File=>New Project or File=>New File, but it did not respond and not opened any window as shown in below image:
- If you are getting above issue, then first thing you need to do is check for JDK versions installed on your machine from the "C:\Program Files\Java", as shown in below image:
- You can see from the above image, on my machine there are 2 JDK versions installed one is "jdk1.8.0_131" and another is "jdk-12.0.1".
- The main cause of the above issue is because you have installed 2 versions and the JDK and the version which Netbeans IDE 8.2 support is "jdk1.8.0_131".
- We now need to check which version is set to Netbeans IDE 8.2 software.
- To check which version is set, we need to go to following path: "C:\Program Files\NetBeans 8.2\etc" and open "netbeans.conf" file in Administrator mode.
- After opening "netbeans.conf" file, search for "netbeans_jdkhome" in the file.
- You will find the jdk version set for Netbeans IDE 8.2
- You will find it is set to "jdk-12.0.1"
- You need to set it to "jdk1.8.0_131" version.
- Once you save the change, please Re-Open "Netbeans IDE 8.2" and check for "New Project" and "New File" option.
- It should work.